Now Hiring—Shop Technician
Job Summary: Shop Technician
The Technician performs a variety of tasks under the supervision of the Shop Supervisor. Tasks the technician may be asked to perform include but are not limited to:
- Assembly of steel form work
- Organizing steel materials on the grounds of the Shop
- Loading and unloading of semi-trailers
- Cleaning of equipment and vehicles
- On occasion, shop technician may be asked to travel to perform work on a job site
- Closely follow safety standards while operating equipment and machinery.
- Participate in training classes as required by the Director of Safety.
- Manual labor required in order to construct the steel and wood forms to plan/drawing specifications.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to listen, understand, and follow directions.
- Minimum educational requirement is a high school diploma or GED.
- Ability to operate drills, saws, grinders, and other handheld power tools.
- Certified forklift operator preferred, but not required.
- Certificate of welding preferred, but not required.
- Valid state issued drivers license preferred, but not required.